Saturday, February 26, 2011

Voodoo Doughnuts Anyone?

My friend and I were hanging out last night when she suddenly had the idea of driving up to Portland for Voodoo Doughnuts. Since I’d never been there, I agreed. So we Mapquested it and were on our way. 

She explained some of the strange things they put on their donuts – like bacon on maple bars. Seriously? I thought it sounded more disgusting than delicious. But I like trying new things. And since so many people have raved about how amazing they are I was admittedly getting anxious to try one. 

But the street that Mapquest led us to was just a small alleyway with no Voodoo Doughnuts in sight. So we drove around downtown Portland for about a half an hour (after 11 on a Friday night) trying to find a parking spot. When we finally did, we called Voodoo Doughnuts. They gave us some rather sketchy directions. So we tried again. We found the Paris Theater that it was apparently nearby but still didn’t see it. We tried circling the area, but with all those one-way streets, we ended up getting so far away that we finally gave up and drove home. 

Somewhat disappointed, I comforted myself by insisting that a maple bar with bacon was just a heart attack waiting to happen. 

Have any of you had Voodoo Doughnuts? Or had some and not liked them?

2 comments:

  1. I looooove Voodoo Doughnuts and bacon maple bars are amazingness. The Triple Chocolate Penetration doughnuts are something you would love. A chocolate doughnut covered in chocolate frosting and topped with cocoa puffs. I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, chocolate + chocolate + chocolate does sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete