Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day!


I am single. And I love Valentine’s Day! Growing up, Valentine’s Day was a special day my daddy got me flowers or chocolate . . . In recent years, he’s learned to forget the flowers and just give me chocolate.

To me, Valentine’s Day isn’t just about couples. It’s about love. And I mean love in a more encompassing sense that includes family, friends, or children. I always love giving kids candy or chocolate (especially if I’m not around when their sugar highs hit).

As a server, Valentine’s Day is one of the mandatory work days. It’s one of my favorite days to work. My second favorite is Christmas Eve. This is simply because people are always in festive, good moods, and it makes for a pleasant work atmosphere. Plus, it’s always really busy, which of course means more tips.

My final reason for loving Valentine’s Day is because it’s a perfect excuse to indulge in a little extra chocolate. At work, we bring chocolates to share with each other. And the day after Valentine’s (today) stores sell all Valentine’s chocolate at half-off. So today I bought myself a delicious Hershey’s Pot of Gold Assorted Chocolates.

So Happy Day After Valentine’s. (And don’t forget to take advantage of half-off chocolates!)

1 comment:

  1. I went on a half-off chocolate hunt today and found a big bag of Lindt Lindor truffles for only $3.50! Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete