Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hungry for Chocolate


Doesn’t every girl have an emergency chocolate stash in her purse? 

My name is Jolene; and I am a chocoholic. My preference is milk chocolate, followed by dark. In my opinion, white chocolate is wannabe chocolate. Nuts are good in chocolate. But most of the time, I crave the smooth creaminess of pure chocolate. My favorite brands are Ritter, followed by Sees, followed by Lindt, followed by Milka.

My favorite forms of chocolate (in order) are:
  • Brownies - preferably triple chocolate fudge brownies
  • Cake frosting
  • Chocolate fudge ice cream
  • Chocolate ganache
  • Chocolate chip cookies - as long as there are extra chocolate chips.
Chocolate is always the appropriate dessert. But it's also good any time of the day. For breakfast on-the-go, I love chocolate chip and chocolate fudge Pop-tarts. I also add hot chocolate mix to oatmeal and Malt-O-Meal. For snacking, I like hot fudge on bread and fruit covered in chocolate sauce. I keep M&M’s handy to reward myself while reading school textbooks. After a certain amount of pages, I pop in some M&M’s, and then suck on them as long as possible to preserve the flavor. 

There have been nights (after eating chocolate at every meal and in-between meals) that I’ve gotten stomach aches to pay for my chocoholic ways. But it doesn’t stop the obsession. 

The moment my chocolate stash is depleted, I begin having withdrawals and run to the store as soon as I can. I know that I can beat the cravings if I stop consuming chocolate cold turkey for about a month. I’ve done this successfully a couple times. The only problem is that once I start eating it again, I end up right back where I started.
 
And I will admit that I have indeed been eating chocolate while writing this post. What’s a girl to do?!   

2 comments:

  1. I most definitely agree. I go through hardcore chocolate cravings! The dark chocolate Lindt truffles are my absolute favorite. My problem is I am counting calories and chocolate ruins a diet very quickly!
    The sugar-free Jell-o pudding snacks are a good chocolate fix in emergencies. And Nutella is a special treat!
    Now I have a craving, so I must go get chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - Nutella is good! But I often find myself going straight for the hot fudge to put on bread.
    I've never tried sugar-free jell-o pudding(I'm usually leery of eating sugar-free chocolate). But since you recommend it, I may just have to try it!

    ReplyDelete