Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Does chocolate addiction have an "off" button?!

Sometimes I really wish chocolate addiction came with an "off" button . . . Days like today, yesterday, and the day before yesterday in particular.

I admit: I eat chocolate everyday and often several times a day. For the last three days, I have had so much chocolate that I've paid for it with a tummy ache in the evenings.

I know I am an obsessive chocolate eater. I normally eat chocolate throughout the day in small amounts: A truffle in the morning, a cupcake in the afternoon, and maybe a spoonful of chocolate in the evening.

More recently, it's not only been obsessive, but excessive. For example, yesterday I had chocolate fudge pop-tarts for breakfast, a chocolate frosted brownie after lunch, chocolate raisins for snack, a cinnamon roll with chocolate frosting after dinner, and a handful of chocolate truffles as a late night snack (a snack that I indulged in while already having a stomach ache!)

And this is becoming the norm. Although the cravings are every few hours, I think about chocolate much more than that.

The stomach ache is kind of like a hangover - it's the sign that maybe next time I should consider cutting down. But no, I'm like an alcoholic. I just can't stop. I wonder if there's C.A. (Chocoholics Anonymous) group I could join . . . Not that I actually would . . . 

3 comments:

  1. Thats funny, its like the opposite for me. I used to want candy all the time while growing up. In the checkout line at stores I often found it hard not to leave without a treat. As a kid my only reason for going to the store was for candy.

    But now my desire for chocolate, or any other candy has gone way down. My old favorites like Snickers and Starbursts no longer draw me to them like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting because growing up I didn't eat a lot of treats. So it wasn't until I was old enough to buy my own chocolate that the obsession began for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, definitely no off button!

    Last night I got chocolate ice cream. Dreyer's makes these yummy "yogurt blends" ice creams which are a little bit lower calorie than others so your guilt is lessened a little!

    ReplyDelete